The mission of the Kansas Alliance for the Arts in Education is to ensure that the arts are an integral part of quality pre K-12 education to promote students’ personal development and academic performance.
1. Advocate for policy that ensures support for pre K – 12 Arts Education
- Identify and prioritize key arts education issues in the state of Kansas
- Base policy recommendations on research and assessment related to the benefits of the arts and student achievement
- Advocate for the development and sustainability of policy that positions the arts as a core academic subject.
- Provide leadership in various contexts to increase public awareness in arts education, creative capital and workforce development
2. Professional Development
- Provide professional development opportunities statewide for educators and teaching artists through workshops, symposiums, and an annual conference
- Work directly with district curriculum and fine arts coordinators to develop meaningful integration strategies for effective teacher training
- Identify, develop, and disseminate resources to stakeholders via social media
3. Build Capacity of the Alliance
- Cultivate funding sources
- Promote and grow membership through collaborations and partnerships across the state to create a powerful arts education network
- Recognize and celebrate achievement