Job Title: Executive Director Part Time: 25-30 hours a week
Salary: $22 – 30,000 a year commensurate with experience
The Kansas Alliance for the Arts in Education is a not for profit 501c3 organization that works to ensure that the arts are an integral part of quality education in order to promote the personal development and academic performance of every student in the state of Kansas.
Role: The executive director of KSAAE is responsible for implementing policy and the organization’s objectives in finances, fund development, programming, administration, and strategic planning as established by the board of directors. The executive director serves as the primary representative for KSAAE at the local, regional and national level.
- Development, Fundraising, Capacity Building
- Organizational leadership and management of operations
- Strategic Planning, marketing, public relations
- Program development implementation, and evaluation
- Broad knowledge and experience in nonprofit management
- Broad knowledge and experience in education and the arts
- Broad knowledge of how policy and programs that support arts education are created and evaluated
- Excellent skills and demonstrated success in fund development and public relations
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent human relations skills
- Demonstrated ability in budget development and fiscal supervision
- Demonstrated ability to use a variety of software platforms and technology
Education and Experience
Required: B.A. in arts education, education, or administration. Experience in public speaking and in nonprofit management.
Preferred: M.A. in arts education, education, or administration. Specialized training in fund development